Saturday, April 20, 2013

LET'S TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES LADIES

I recently found out that my girlfriend of 40 years had to go into the hospital for a hysterectomy.  She had a 15 pound growth in her abdomen.  Fortunately it was benign, and she is now healing.  I could not understand how she could have let it get to that point.  After all, both of us had worked for a company (with a union) that provided benefits even in our retirement. 


I go every year for a complete physical.  I have more doctors checking me for developments than anyone I know.  I go to my primary doc for the physical, then to a skin doc, and a heart doc, and a neurologist (for other stuff I won't go into here) the eye doc, the dentist, the Chiropractor, and of course to the gynecologist, even though someone told me that after a certain age you don't have to go to the gyno every year.  I asked my doc about that and she said "That might be true, but you are not going to get uterine cancer on my watch" so I still go.  

I am now due for my 10 year colonoscopy, and after what my girlfriend just went through, I will be the happiest patient they have ever seen at the hospital for that procedure!! 

Please ladies use any benefits you have and stay well.   Prevention is the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment